Tuesday, September 13, 2005

Tagged? OK, I'll play!

Our Favorite Man of Mystery, Magazine Man "tagged" me, so here we go!

¤º°`°º¤ø,¸¸,ø¤º°`°º¤ø,¸¸,ø¤º°`°º¤ø,¸.¤º°`°º¤ø,¸¸.¤º°`°º¤ø,¸

10 years ago: Cleaned up cat barf. Sat on floor to do PT with an eighteen-month-old baby Twinks. Around seven months prior, we had gone to The Hospital for The Big Surgery that would ultimately allow Twinkle to walk at all. She would be just days shy of her second birthday before she was ambulatory; that is still four months in the future. Put braces back onto baby Twinks legs after PT is done. Client roster = 2; life is exciting on the edge of the wild electronic frontier that is The Information SuperHighway. Sent email to my mom, explaining *why* the computer can't work exactly like her beloved IBM Selectric typewriter...

5 years ago: Dropped Twinks off at school for another day of First Grade; worked on finalizing notes and paperwork from the three-year project we had wrapped just two months earlier. Overhauled web site for my number one client. Was jealous that friends in The City had high-speed internet while we were stuck with dial-up in our bucolic little neighborhood. Client roster = a nice solid, reliable 10. Cleaned up cat barf...

1 year ago: Attended a PTO meeting at Twinks' school :::yawn:::. Finished the last of the refurbs for the Church's computer ministry. Client roster = 7; three are flaky part-timers, 2 are worthless bums that owe me money. Downloaded a 17 meg file via wireless high speed connection in minutes that would have taken *days* on my old 1200 baud modem. Cleaned up cat barf. Took The Wrench to lunch...

Yesterday: Cleaned up cat barf. Did PT with Twinkle, made sure she put braces on legs afterward. Read a bit, did laundry. Made cookies with Twinkle. Created/posted a website for The OFG; never want to see the color purple on anything again. Client roster = 7 (but it's a *different* 7 than a year ago; all non-profits and indys) Desperately trying to catch up on my blog-reading, I found out that I had gotten "tagged" on Friday...

5 songs I know all the words to: "Stay Awake" from Walt Disney's Mary Poppins. "Brand New Day" by Sting. "Lullabye (Good Night, My Angel)" by Billy Joel. "Ten Tiny Turtles" from Sesame Street. The Doxology.

5 snacks: Funnel cakes at The State Fair. Chips & Salsa from my favorite Tex-Mex cantina. TCBY White Chocolate Mousse frozen yogurt. Popsicles, but only if it's hot and sunny, and you are sitting on the curb with your best friend. Three Muskateers "Popables".

5 things I'd do with $100 million: Give The Shriners enough money to run all of their hospitals for a month (1.6 million per day to run 22 Hospitals x 31 days = 49.6 million, so let's just round up to 50 mil) Divide up another 30 million between our Church, the Red Cross, and the United Way. That would leave 20 million to take care of our extended families; pay off everyone's mortgages, buy everyone a new car, pre-pay college for all the kids and babies, and then leave The Twinkie a nice little trust fund.

5 places I would run away to: My mom's house. The big porch swing on my Grandma's front porch. The Library. St. Louis. A beach to be named later.

5 things I would never wear: Anything that has to be dry-cleaned. Any free t-shirt with a vendor/sponsor logo on it. Birkenstocks. Anything that was originally hip/trendy from 1967 to 1999. Anything that fits too tightly.

5 favorite TV shows: The news; any flavor, any time. Any of the "Looney Tunes" or "Merri Melodies" cartoons. "Two-and-a-Half Men" on CBS. "Rolie Polie Olie" on The Disney Channel. Any show where they go behind-the-scenes and show how things are made or manufactured.

5 greatest joys: The Twinkie. Unplanned naps on quiet Sunday afternoons. The excitement of opening a new book from a favorite author. Sleeping late on rainy Saturday mornings. Just hanging out with my Mom, who is my best friend.

5 favorite toys: My laptop. My camera. Legos. My MP3 player. A new big box (96 colors, with a sharpener, thank you very much!) of Crayola Crayons, and an empty coloring book.

5 people I'm tagging: DISCLAIMER: You don't have to play unless you want to, and forgive me in advance if you have been tagged recently, and I missed it! Flip, Tenn, and of course, The Twinkie (all girls, all cute, all smart, all the time!) Johnny C. (*always* interesting) and a new friend, Alpharat!

¤º°`°º¤ø,¸¸,ø¤º°`°º¤ø,¸¸,ø¤º°`°º¤ø,¸¸.¤º°`°º¤ø,¸¸.¤º°`°º¤ø,¸

No comments: